Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup

I love using the crock pot! It makes dinner so much easier and I often use it on days when I have to work. I made this Chicken Tortilla Soup for dinner. The kids like it too.


Ingredients



1 can cheddar cheese soup


1 can cream of chicken ( I use low sodium, low fat)


2 cans chicken broth ( I used the low sodium and low fat)


1/2-3/4 jar of chunky salsa ( I use mild because of the kids but you could use hot)


2 frozen chicken breasts


1 can black beans or cannelini beans whatever you have


1 bag frozen corn ( I didn't have any this time)


Recipe


Place it all together in the crockpot. I sometimes use Ro-tel tomatoes instead of salsa if I have it. You can add diced green chiles if you want more heat. I usually add cilantro as well, dried or fresh if I have it. Cook on Low about 8-10 hours. If you don't use the frozen chicken just put it on low for about half the time. Take the chicken breasts out and shred them and place shredded chicken back in soup. Serve over crushed tortilla chips with sour cream and shredded cheese. YUM! Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

The Berry's Patch said...

This is my all time favorite recipe. Especially during the winter...so yummy!