Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Laundry Soap

I originally wrote this post a few weeks ago. I am linking it up with the laundry party over at The Masked Mommy. Thanks for stopping by my blog and go make some laundry soap!!

The Masked Mommy
Since being pregnant I have craved the smell of bounce sheets! I have done this with every pregnancy. My Husband even came up with the idea to put a dryer sheet in my pillow case so it would smell good! I said it would be great if they bottled that smell. Well, I found a clean linen scent by Glade that smells a lot like it. I bought the Glade plug-ins and the air freshener. My house is going to smell like a laundromat :) Speaking of laundry.....

Want to make your own laundry soap? You just need 1 bar of this:





And 1 Cup of this:




And 1 cup of this:

Grate the bar of soap using a fine cheese grater or a food processor.

Mix bar of soap with the powders and put in a pretty jar ( inspired by Susie Harris).
Use 1 Tbs for regular wash or 2 Tbs for heavy soil.



Way cheaper than laundry soap and it smells and works great! The ingredients can be a little hard to find but most grocery stores have them. Wal-mart only carries the Borax not the soap or Wash Soda.





4 comments:

the voice of melody said...

I hear a lot of women make their own laundry soap so you're in good company. I'm not one them though, that is surely a homemaking talent I lack, among others! :)

The Masked Mommy said...

Thanks for coming to my Laundry Powwow! What a great entry. I'm actually quite a tightwad, but I've never made my own laundry detergent. Maybe it's time to give it a try!

Elisabeth said...

I made dishwasher detergent recently and didn't have much success.

I really like your writing on your soap container. Attractive!

Jess @ Just a Blink said...

Hi there! I am a fellow Pow Wow-er side kick!

Thanks for the helpful post about soap. I love a post with a photo tutorial.

I definitely will be finding a reason to "have" to have a cute jar like that. :)