Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Mistreatments

Here are my Window "Mistreatments" ala Nester. For those who don't know about "mistreatments" there is little or no sewing involved. In mine there is NO sewing!!

These are in our bedroom. I just cut the fabric, ironed up the hems with iron-on hemtape. I hung them from curtain clips I got a Wal-Mart for about $10. I got the rods at Big Lots for no more than $10 a piece. Very easy and cheap!!
This is our Dining Room. I am not crazy about it but it still looks better than an empty window. I hot glued the hem on this one (use the hem the hem tape!). I also hot glued the fringe on the bottom. I just draped it over a curtain rod I already had and safety pinned the bottom for a faux Roman Shade look.








This is our playroom. The shade was a kit I bought a few years ago at Jo-anns. It is for a roller shade and you iron the fabric on. I had the fabric to make a valance but Momhadn't gotten around to it. I just tacked it to the wall with uphostery tacks. I hot glued pink pom-pom fringe on the bottom.





These are in our living room. I just ironed the hems...didn't even use hem tape. I clipped them with curtain rings and tacked them up with Upholstery tacks. No curtain rod needed! I draped them on the floor so you can't tell their not hemmed.










Maybe this will inspire some no-sew decorating. They aren't perfect but they are better than bare windows! Browse Nester's sight for tons more ideas!!





No comments: