Saturday, October 17, 2009

Potato Soup

We had some YUMMY Potato soup for dinner! I made it in the crock pot and it was really good. The only time I have ever made potato soup I made it with lots of milk, sour cream and butter. It was baked potato soup. This had a chicken stock base and it was a little more runny but very good! The recipe I just sort of made up as I went along. All measurements are approximate!

4 Large Potatoes  diced

3 Cans Chicken broth or chicken bouillon and hot water (or mix both like me cause I only had 1 can of chicken broth)

About 1/2 cup carrots and celery (I cut mine up and freeze them when I buy them so I always have them in the freezer for soups so I just used a Lg. handful of both)

Parsley, salt, pepper, sage, thyme, onion powder  use as much as you like but this makes A LOT so be generous

Mix all together and put in crock pot on high for about 6-8 hrs. Mash the potatoes up a little bit about 1 hr before you are ready to eat. Then in a small bowl mix 2 tbs of flour or corn starch with about 1 1/2 cups of half and half or milk. Mix until smooth then pour into the crock pot. Let heat up for 45 min or so until it is all warm.  ENJOY

 

IMGP3666

IMGP3667

You can add cheese and bacon bits and scallions if you want….

IMGP3671

Yes Grayson is wearing a skirt and Caroline is topless as usual…..

No comments: